Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tid Bits

Those of you with multiple kids might think "yeah yeah, get over it..." but I can't help but be sooooo amazed by Tanner's daily learning - it brings me a kind of joy I never experienced before to watch him learn life. Yesterday he walked up to us with a rock in each hand and said "Two." I was so impressed. :)
He's 22 mos and picking up words by the handful. He's an endless flow of yackety yack pointing out everything he can identify all day long. I never get tired of it though. Some of his favorites are "bye", "money", "monkey", "no no no no no!" (exactly 5 no's), "move", "one", and "green". He counts to three but sometimes misses two (one...three...). Tonight we were all visiting in the yard with the neighbors. I started trying to get Tanner to come in so I could start bedtime. Everything I tried he said "no" to. Finally I offered for him to come in to watch Dora and he lit up. He whips around says to everyone very rapidly "I go home, BYE!" I couldn't believe it! That's his longest sentence yet. I was so proud.

No comments: